What's on the Menu? "mmmmmm . . . Basketball!!!!"

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

SDH Presents NBA 2K14 Official Trailer: Turkish Airlines Euroleague Teams


For the very first time in history, the +NBA 2K14  official trailer features 14 +Turkish Airlines +EUROLEAGUE BASKETBALL  teams! The game will bring the opportunity to all the fans to take control of their favorite team! In my opinion, it has been a long time coming--the NBA has taken much of the basketball spotlight for too long.  I am glad that someone is finally showcasing that there is other talent outside of the NBA which is just as good.

The Euroleague has improved leaps and bounds over the past years as most of the players in it has either had extensive experience in the NBA or have been drafted by an NBA team.  It certainly entices me to take another look at the genre of sports video games.  Personally, I felt that it has gotten quite bland and I thought that there was nothing else they can do to enhance a player's experience. I got bored of NBA 2K13  quite quickly because it was much of the same thing.  I am glad that the people at +2K Sports stepped out of their comfort zones and decided to spice things up a bit.

Hopefully you'll be able to switch players on teams because I remember on previous versions they would have foreign players, but you could not transfer them onto NBA teams.  Personally I think it would be cool to see players like +Kobe Bryant finishing his career on an Italian team such as +Emporio Armani or +montepaschi siena.  How about seeing +LeBron James on a team like +FC Barcelona or +Unicaja Baloncesto?  I hope it will not be one sided with just Euroleague players heading to the NBA.  That would make the game even more enticing for me to jettison my old 2K13.

I just hope they have it for PC because the Nintendo Wii version was severely lacking in terms of power and graphics and it was also very limited in what you can or cannot do.  Sure there is the new Wii U, but I really do not have the funds nor the interest to drop another couple or three hundred bucks on another system that will probably just sit and collect dust because I am also on my PC anyways.  So I will be certainly be looking forward to this new offering by 2K Sports and I am sure I will not be the only one that will be breathless with anticipation when this version comes to stores, although I do have one small critique, however.

According to the trailer, there are fourteen teams represented in the Euroleague whereas that is not the case because according to the official site, the league has expanded to 21 teams.   I doubt that many people will really raise a row over this, but for me, authenticity is everything and it looks like the guys at 2KSports have not shown enough effort to truly make the Euroleague portion of the game authentic enough.  As a real hoops fan whose breadth is worldwide, that somewhat irks me, but not enough to not give this game a chance.  So I will be waiting with eager anticipation for this game, and I will certainly be trading in quite a few of my used titles at +EB Gamess to get enough credit to buy that game at a discount.   

      

No comments:

Post a Comment